Wednesday 19 December 2012

Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet Vintage 2008

Sheer red. Doesn't tears well. Spicy, doesn't sits well on the tongue, lean body. Unable to swallow this without food. Poor pairing with a Subway sub, but goes excellent with flavourful food such as sauce-drizzled chicken chop. Very good mouth-washer for the Asian heavily flavoured food.

79/100

This tiny bottle came free.

The red is not intense. Feeling tells me it will not be good. I like deep, almost opaque reds.

I have never had a good impression of Jacob's Creek. This one seem to confirm my formed opinion of the brand in general.
I heard that Jacob Creek's $70 - $80 wines are really worth the price. Unfortunately, the lower end seem to have been quite bad so far, that I am afraid to venture further into Jacob's Creek. If you have a specific recommendation, feel free to comment below. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment