Thursday 20 December 2012

French Cellars Merlot 2010

Deep ruby red, colour of standard red wine. Can swallow, but not something that I like because it is on the sour side. Lots of fruity flavours. Very slightly spicy. Does not goes well with standard food in Singapore, such as economic vegetable rice, spaghetti, or porridge. Rather hard to pair. Not nice drinking alone too. Will not repurchase or recommend.

Read some reviews that say to let this age more. I bought an aerator, and poured through to aerate this. Tasted different. Milder. Lose the spiciness. But seemed to have aerated too much, and now it is even more sour, and falls ever so slightly onto bitter. But I think, I do like the aerated version a teeny bit more.

My first bottle using the Sowine machine that can keep wines for up to 10 days. This Merlot is on its third day now. But I am ready to throw it away.

78/100.


Bought because I was surprised to find award-winning wine in 7-eleven.

Someone told me that wine awards don't mean anything. It is very relative, and it just means the wine is the best of all that were submitted.


Schott Zwisel Tritan Crystal glass is an amazing delight to use.

Bought at 7-eleven for $20 odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment